Sometimes people make so many disclaimers, they end up taking all the power from their presentation.
Sometimes you can try to cover so many bases, you end up missing the point.
Yesterday I referred to the most common trajectory for most people-
Leave home. Get married. Have kids.
I talked mostly about my journey on that path, and how it's been a very good thing.
But that trajectory isn't an option for many people.
They were never taught it, they have made decisions that have set their lives on a different course, they have to insert a major life change into that course.
Something like a divorce, a porn addiction, "sexual experimentation."
It throws the trajectory off course.
But it doesn't have to keep us off course.
Like we sang at the end of the service, "God's grace is enough."
So on one hand I let me say that I hope all of us will follow God's plan for our sexual blessing.
(Again, save your virginity, find a spouse, get married, have sex and make babies.)
But on the other hand, God's grace is there when we don't follow this course and he is there to help us get on track.
This week I'll try to carve out time to write some entries on God's design for sex.
Because He made it.
It's no mistake we desire it.
It's no mistake it feels good.
It's definitely one of His best creations ever (in my humble opinion).
But we do make mistakes.
Mistakes in how we repress our sexuality.
Express our sexuality.
And even oppress with our sexuality.
It's a lot of territory to cover,
but we'll navigate some of it this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment