I had my car in for some minor repairs yesterday.
Unfortunately even minor repairs seem to cost hundreds of dollars.
But that's not my point.
I was reading through my owners manual trying to fix the engine coolant problem myself when I learned something that I NEVER would have guessed.
Let me quiz you...
What do you think "Max AC" stands for?
If you're like me you think it means "Maximum Power Air Conditioning."
So you also assume it takes the maximum amount of energy from your car.
But you're wrong.
At least if you're driving a Bull like me.
It means "Maximum EFFICIENCY Air Conditioning."
You use less energy and fuel when you use Max AC in my car.
* The real meaning of words does matter.
* Assumptions can lead to mistakes.
* Limited knowledge means INefficient ways of doing things.
So it matters how we do "church" at Connections.
It matters what our words mean.
We must sometimes evaluate our assumptions.
And we should always be looking for better ways to maximize our efficiency and effectiveness in ministry and changing lives.
So how can you better "Max" your work for God?
No comments:
Post a Comment