Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Survey- Bulletin Ideas

I'm convinced we need still a bulletin, or program, or handout, or whatever you want to call it.
I really don't care about the name, everyone knows what they are.

I like them for the following reasons:

#1- They provide a point of personal interaction. This is the best part of giving out bulletins, and it's why we don;t leave a stack by the door for folks to pick up. Handing someone the bulletin gives our volunteers a job, creates a reason for them to interact with others, creates a context for some human dialog. This is BY FAR the best part of the whole bulletin exchange.

#2- They put the Connection Card in peoples hands. If we are to follow up with visitors and (hopefully) bring them to the place of begin regulars, we need to make a connection with them. We need to get this card in their hands. They need to fill it out and hand it in. We need to follow up and win them over.

#3- They do provide necessary information. We make announcements audibly. We have the website and email. But printed information is still and essential part of our comunication.

So those are my top three reasons that Connections will stick with bulletins.
But in addition to these purposes I want to do three other things:
Make them Creative;
Make them Easy;
Make them Green.

I think we want to move to a 81/2X14 sheet of paper, done as a trifold, with one section perforated as a Connection Card.
We'd also start printing them in bulk so we can lower the price.

So what are you ideas? How can we streamline the process? How can we make them more creatively stimulating? And how can we make them with less environmental impact?

Please, I really am looking for you thoughts.
Write me: gsaylor@connectionschurch.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment