The most common comment I have received from MEN this week is has been this,
"Thank you!"
A lot of men are loving that this out in the open.
We are visual.
We are created visual.
It's not necessarily BAD that we are visual.
In fact, it can be a very good thing in a marriage that we are visual.
Most specifically men loved that I confessed our real motive for lighting 50 candles.
It's because we want to see our wives.
We like seeing.
We really like seeing.
Enough said- women, do with this information as you feel led by God.
Which leads to the most common thing I've heard from women,
"I love that you said you must find the balance between being a slut and a prude."
This means that all women are called to practice modesty.
See 1 Timothy 2:9.
Modesty means respecting yourselves and understanding how visual men are.
Modesty means dressing and acting like a slut is never glorifying to God or yourself or others.
Modesty means you don't have to be a prude because you have embraced and understand your sexuality as a woman.
I think this is applicable for both singles and wives:
Being a slut is about leading with your sexuality.
Don't do that. Lead with other aspects of who God made you to be.
You're a woman, you'll always be a woman. Just don't lead with you sexuality. That gets dangerous.
I'm not saying repress your sexuality. That's being a prude. That's when you get weird ideas and notions about yourself, and about men. Prudes tend to think all men are animals. Uncontrollable wild beasts who will try to have our way with you.
Most of us are not that way at all.
There a balancing point where a woman embraces her femininity as an essential and fundamental part of who she is. She understands her sexuality, and she understands men's sexuality. She is liberated from the extremes of being a slut or a prude.
I'm sure I'll ruffled some feathers with this post.
But I think I'm backed up by the bible.
Men made in the image of God are visual creatures, and it can serve as a blessing in our lives and in our marriages.
Women made in the image of God are beautiful creatures, and modesty is always the best way to showcase your beauty, no matter what your age or stage.
No comments:
Post a Comment