It's been fun, but I'm ready to get onto Easter.
I re-read 1 Cor. 6:18 this morning. Four words.
It's a short verse. You can memorize it very easily.
Better yet, we can live by it.
"Flee from sexual immorality."
Why is it that we immediately want a definition of sexual immorality?
So what is immoral? How far is too far? What is acceptable, what is not?
Sometimes it's best not to over analyze things, particularly sexual immorality.
Too often over analysis leads to compromise.
Admit it, it's true.
If you love God and want to honor and serve and glorify Him, then go with your gut.
And just flee from what your heart tells you is sexual immorality.
(The key is that your moral gauge is really set on honoring God.)
- If the song seems raunchy, turn it off.
- If the show is to sensual, turn it off.
- If the Internet is too tempting, turn it off.
- If that person keeps writing you emails, block them.
- If they keep flirting on Facebook, block them.
- If your single and he's pressuring you, flee.
- If she's pressuring you, flee.
- If your married and that co-worker seems a little too friendly, flee.
Here's the thing- you are never going to regret staying far from sexual immorality.
You'll never say, "I wish I would have gotten closer to that affair, then pulled back."
Or, "I wish I would have gone a little further with my boy/girl friend before we broke up."
Or, "I wish I would have gotten addicted to soft-core porn and just steered clear of the real hard stuff."
Nobody regrets running and remaining pure.
You'll never regret running from sexual immorality.
Save yourself the temptation, the pain, the memories, the struggle.
Just flee.
Be a pure as pure can be.
It's a decision that leads to no regrets.
No comments:
Post a Comment