- It started with Spring Celebration on Friday afternoon with our Home-School Coop.
- Hanging with my kids Friday night and a meeting with our new financial adviser.
- (Hopefully I'll have good things to report about this in weeks to come. Right now it is great to have a new guy bringing some new perspective and advice to the table.)
- Saturday morning helped the Jolliffe's move.
- Got cleaned up and MC'ed the Highday graduation ceremony.
- Dropped the kids off with the grandparents for the night, by stayed for a cookout!
- Then it was off to see the Forest City Derby Girls right here in London. Yes, London has roller derby! I think I say everyone should experience one of these events at least once in your life.
- I love it that Roller Girls can come to Connections, and that they feel free to invite a pastor to the Derby- that's definitely the kind of church Jesus likes!
- GREAT service Sunday morning. I loved the "Boy Band" we had leading the worship- it thought it was one of their best sets yet.
- Got some great feedback again on the message and this series.
- I am serious praying that God is shaking people up financially- specifically, that they will understand this is a faith issue, and perhaps the greatest barrier to faith in God/ greatest area of practical discipline to exercise faith in God.
- A bunch of guys told me they were going to Winners after church to check out the sale on jeans- They kinda missed the whole point of my message, or my message wasn't very clear. I'm not sure which
- Finally got out on my bike Sunday afternoon.
- Had another cookout with the neighbors and broke out the water slide for the kids.
- Preached in Woodstock Sunday night. I hope I was able to provide a strong faith and hope for a community that has been rocked by the Tori Stafford tragedy.
- Woke up this morning and realized it is Memorial Day in the States. I'm a US Citizen, so it was my duty to remember the sacrifices made for freedom.
- So put in a new floor "floating floor" in our ongoing laundry room renovation.
- Floating floor is the COOLEST thing ever. I may be inspired to do all the bathrooms in the house.
- I pulled another bike out of the garbage today- this one it the COOLEST yet- old school banana-seat with ape hanger handle bars. I'm gonna make this one an actually project- new paint job, chrome, tassels on the grips, the works!
- AWESOME prayer meeting as always- you guys are aweseome!
- Was going to finish up some stuff in the laundry room but watched "Hip 2 Be Holy" on Global. Check it out- definitely worth an hour of your time.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Weekend Highlights
What a great weekend-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment