Friday, May 22, 2009

Building Confidence



Do you want to know what is maybe the most encouraging thing for me every Sunday?
Every week at least one person brings a guest.

Recently a friend of mine said, "I want to take you to see the new Star Trek movie. It's awesome."
I said "Why? You've already seen it."
They said, "It's so good I want to experience it with you."

We work to create a worship experience that builds the same kind of confidence in our people.
I pray, I really pray, that people can honestly say to their friends and neighbors,

"It's so good, I want you to experience God with me this week at Connections!"

In order to give folks that kind of confidence our volunteers work tirelessly every week so that people know...
  • Greeters will be there to welcome you.
  • The info table is set up and staffed.
  • Fresh coffee and snacks will be served.
  • Ushers are ready to help in any way.
  • A fully staffed children's program is in place.
  • And of course, the music, media and message of God is gonna change lives!
Recently, we have put in place a new follow-up process.
When we get a new contact card we send that person a hand-written note and a $5 gift card to Starbucks.
In addition, they will receive an email or a call from me.
We believe this is the best way to truly value our guests, and give folks confidence to invite their friends.

The simply truth is this- we hope folks will genuinely love Connections.
They will want to be in worship.
They will want to be involved.
They will want to share the experience with their friends.
They will want to be a part of our little community of dreamers.

No comments:

Post a Comment