~ 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Yesterday in worship we talked about the bible.
The big idea was really simple: you need to get into the Word of God.
Our hope was NOT to create more guilt, but to inspire:
To inspire you to make time with God in prayer and bible study a daily priority.
We ended the service with this invitation:
"That I may grow in the knowledge of my salvation and be equipped for every good work, I will keep this Daily Office with God."
If you accept that invitation do one of three things:
Get yourself a GREAT study bible with reading plans and good helps.
If I was buying a new study bible today, I'd get this one: http://www.esvstudybible.org/
Or get an APP for this!
Check out youversion.com The possibilities with this app are almost endless.
If you just want to download the whole New Testament and get it on your ipod check out
faithcomesbyhearing.com
Speaking for myself, I still go "old skool" and read my study bible.
But I listen to my audio bible on my nano several times a week while I exercise.
I love just listening to whole books of the bible!
It makes for great conversation starters.
Person: "Who are you listening to?"
Me: "Jesus."
Person: "I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were crazy. I'll be leaving now."
Me: "Actually, I'm listening to my audio bible. I find it very inspiring."
Person: "Oh, that's really cool."
If you want to listen yesterday's message, or any past message, just go to http://www.connectionschurch.
No comments:
Post a Comment