How many caught the Canada vs. USA hockey game last Sunday?Apparently more people than any other hockey game in Canadian history.
Here’s my simple thought, which I’m sure others thought, as they saw the partying in the streets over winning a hockey game:
Why don’t we get that excited about God?
Now I'm not knocking sports fans. It's beautiful thing to celebrate a victory, if done in the right spirit. But as I watched some of the highlights of the celebrations that poured out onto the streets of cities across Canada, I really couldn’t help but think,
only God deserves this kind of praise.
So doesn't our worship pour out into the streets?
Why do we seem so restrained in our sanctuaries?
Why do we feel so conspicuous and embarrassed to show emotion?
I guess we all have to ask ourselves,
Have I ever been as excited for God as thousands seem to get at sporting events?
If the answer is no, then we might want to ask ourselves,
what it is we are really worshiping?
No comments:
Post a Comment