Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Power of One Couple


I've issued the encouragement to the people of Connections to make this Easter our biggest Sunday EVER!  There are a few times during the year when the culture around us knows what the church world is doing- Christmas and Easter.

I am totally convinced that we can fill all 350 seats in our theatre.

How can I have such confidence?
I know that one couple can change a church.

Josh and Rebecca were dedicating their new baby the last Sunday of October, 2008.
They decided to invite some family.
And some friends.
And some neighbors.
And some co-workers.
And I can only assume some random strangers on the street that they bumped into that week.

Because on that Sunday we more that doubled as a church when more that 250 people showed up to Connections.

We ran out of bulletins.  We ran out of Coffee.  But it was awesome.

If one couple can do that, imagine what can happen if all of us decide to make a couple invitations?
What if we simple share that which is most important to us (God's love), with those whom we are called to love (our neighbors)?

If one couple can double a church in a day, I think we can share the load and do it together without any problem at all!

And I promise: this Easter, we'll make double the bulletins and double the amount of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment