Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Going Multi-Site, pt. 2

There are numerous approaches to starting a new worship service.
Or so I've found out after a little reading.

One way sounds really "pure."
You just wait until you grow and add a service.
That's great. It really is. I hope that happens for Connections.
We can move to 2 services on a Sunday at the theatre, or add a "Video Venue."
(We can just send an audio and video feed of our service live to another auditorium- there are, after all, 12 auditoriums totaling well over 1000 seats at Silver City.)

But there's another way.
A way that doesn't passively wait to respond to growth,
but actively seeks to create it.

That's the path we've decided to take.
It makes sense considering who we are.
After all, nobody really asked us to launch Connections in the first place.

But a few of us felt God calling us to do start a new kind of church.
So we did.
And here we are.

Nobody is really pressuring us to start a new service at a new time to reach new people.
But some of us feel compelled and called by God to pursue this kind of Kingdom expansion.

After snooping around at numerous clubs and talking to folks about renting space on a Sunday evening, no doors were opening.
Then a friend said I should talk to the folks at King's (Thanks Mike Wagenman).
I did.
The folks at King's welcomed the idea with open arms (Thanks Mike Bechard).

At that point it seemed like a no-brainer:
I had the idea of a new service at a new time to reach new people.
A door had been opened to us.
Several key volunteers stepped up to say they would work to make this happen.

At that point I felt it safe to say, "I believe God is in this."
No more analysis required- now it's time to move.
Time and experience will tell the wisdom, or foolishness, of this decision.

More on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment