Thursday, September 10, 2009

Two HUGE events!

I am so pumped about our kick-off of the newest series, UNVEILED, this Sunday.
We are starting the series with the ultimate unveiling- baptism.

But as excited as I am about this Sunday, I must confess, I am pretty pumped about tonight...

8pm the season begins!
Steelers vs. Titans.
There is going to be a free concert in Pittsburgh tonight- Black Eyed Peas and Tim McGraw.
I'm so tempted to jump in the car and start driving right now. (My wife and kids might notice that I'm missing.)

I can hardly imagine the energy in Pittsburgh right now- that city is going crazy!

But this really is what I'm thinking right now:


What if cheered for Jesus as much as we cheer for teams?
What if we got as excited about baptism as we did about a game?
What if we made worship every bit the event that we make a season kick-off?

What I love about our church is that we have a team that sees it this way.
They get so excited, they work so hard, they make every Sunday an event to celebrate.
They put their heart and mind and body and soul into it!

So given the choice between the Steelers and Connections, I'm gonna take Connections EVERY time.

But thankfully I don't have to make that choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment