I think Connections is at a critical time. I think we're always at a critical time. But in this season we can choose to move forward the with momentum we've gathered, and the success we've seen, or we can lose it.
I want to ride the wave and see where it goes.
And the truth is, we have very little to risk losing, and a lot to gain.
This is what I mean.
Launching Connections in the first place was the big risk.
And when we made to decision to leap, we were all in.
It was make it or break it.
Sink or swim.
If the launch didn't work, I had no other bright ideas.
It would have been time to pack up and move on with the shattered pieces of my life.
(Oh, that sounds so dramatic!)
Praise God that Connections launched, lives are being changed, and we continue to grow.
Now we have cushion!.
If this new site takes off, reaches a new group or people, grows leadership and community, then praise God! He gets the glory and we continue with even more momentum.
If if doesn't work we admit failure, we mourn, we learn, we move on.
The thing that we have to remember is that now we have room to fail:
We can fail with a new ministry initiative,
but that doesn't mean Connections fails.
For me, the scary thing was starting Connections.
Now, with what God has done in the past two years, it makes MORE sense to move this mission forward. It makes more sense to take some risks, to try something bold, to try something new.
I can't imagine standing before God and hearing Him say,
"I called you to be my servant. I gave you an incredibly talented and motivated group of volunteers. I gave you a place to meet. And you DID NOTHING!?!"
Yeah, it's that simple.
We've been called. A door has been opened. We're gonna jump!
We'll choose faith, not fear.
No comments:
Post a Comment