"Where?" they asked.
"That movie theatre."
Later I went into the theatre and knew that was where it would happen.
I could picture it in my mind.
We moved to London.
I went to the theatre.
I made a call to headquarters.
I visited another church that meets in theatres (Thanks Meeting House) to learn the logistics.
It literally fell into place.
It fell into place in amazing ways- the rate, the free use of space, the on site storage.
It happened so easily I had no idea how good we had it.
As others have now said, "God had to be in this!"
Occasionally I'll whine about being a portable church and the limitations we face.
Then I remember-
Other portable churches have to move EVERYTHING.
They have to start set up at 6am.
They wish they had as much space to spread out as we do.
Many portable churches easily pay twice what we are paying for rental, storage, transportation fees, etc.
Being portable is far from perfect.
But as far as being portable goes, we have it really, really good.
What's my point?
We have it good.
God was in this launch.
So what are the next steps?
More on that in the coming days...
BONUS BLOG:
I liked this blog from Steven Furtick...
I heard a famous blues guitarist interviewed one time, and he was asked to share his opinion on a few other guitar players. The guys in question were neo-classical shredders: they played really really fast-lots and lots of notes.
The blues legend made a funny face, thought for a second, and admitted:
“I’m not a big fan of that style. When it comes to guitar solos, I’m a minimalist. I think the notes you don’t play are the really important ones. That way, the ones you do play really count. They stick, man.”
This applies to leadership on so many levels:
Often, it’s the notes you don’t play that make the biggest impact.
The angry words you don’t speak.
The superfluous ministries you don’t do.
The sketchy staff members you don’t hire.
The mild compromises you don’t allow.
The detail oriented meetings you don’t sit in.
If you want to be heard more clearly, play less notes. Make every one count.
No comments:
Post a Comment