

OK, they probably aren't deep thoughts, but I still like the old SNL reference.
- Friday night Connections brought the HEAT at our softball game. I'm not playing this year, just cheering. But what a blast! Thanks Boorsma kids for starting to teach my boy how to play- Josh, Aaron, you guys are the best!
- Incidentally, the team hangs at the Alibi Roadhouse on Oxford, not Kelsey's at Masonville. That place is so 2008. We've moved on, so should you.
- Saturday at Ontario Place was a blast!
- Ontario Place, I'm sorry, but you're a joke. What are you? Rides? Waterpark? Imax Theatre? Concert venue? Pick something and do it right.
- I'm sure I just offended somebody who loves Ontario Place- my deepest apologies.
- Melissa is awesome for organizing this- I just showed up and participated. That was awesome! Connections will grow with more folks just taking things by the reigns and doing what has to be done!
- Mike, you are the best bus driver in the world! Really, being able to just ride made the trip for me!
What I love is that it defies having a label.
It is painstakingly planned and rehearsed like a concert would be.
It is structured for participation the entire way through.
It is designed to be a worship experience.
Whatever it was, gave me the space and freedom to sing, to praise God, to stand with thousands of others doing the same, and come out feeling spiritually renewed.
It's funny to me how many are very quick to criticize anything with big-scale success, such as Hillsong.
I really don't have an ax to grind, nor any vested interest.
But it reminds me that you can't have advocates without having adversaries.
I went to worship and that's what I did.
- Anyways, in at 2am, and up for Connections at 7am.
- Nate brought the worship this morning- great to have him back after his pat-leave!
- Ben brought the WORD! Dag, that guy can preach it up!
- Kevin got 3 stitches- our first official injury at Connections!
- Sarah rocked the Family Ministry Training.
Starting reading Matthew 5-7 everyday to get ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment