Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday Night Reflections

The first day of summer.
Father's Day.
Kick-off of our new series, Manifesto, at Connections.
What an awesome day!
  • John Vandersteen is amazing- we'll definitely keep everyone posted on his mission to St. Lucia.
  • I can't believe Sid and Suz Wong just had a baby 2 weeks ago, and how they leave for Malaysia this week.
  • Why do all of our cool people leave! If we could just keep our folks like Sid and Suz we'd really get somewhere as a church.
  • OK, my kingdom vision is bigger than that- they are going to do amazing things in Malaysia. I know God will use them powerfully.
  • I didn't see the Sawkins before church to ask if I could pray for them up front. I don't like to assume that stuff, nor do I want new folks and visitors to feel like we have an "insiders club." But some things need prayed for in church. John's sister died suddenly last week and they have been left to care for her two children. They are happy to do it, but still, they need our prayers and support as a community.
  • A woman came up to me after the service and we had a great moment. She said how she had her "ah-ha moment" with God.
  • THAT NEVER GETS OLD! That is so awesome and what drives me and drives Connections.
  • I also had a friend come to church for the first time today. I've known him for over two years. I've invited him like a hundred times. He came today!
  • Please keep talking to your friends about Jesus, and keep inviting them. You really never know when something in their life will happen that will bring them to church, and bring them to God. So keep inviting!
  • Our Connection Group cookout was a blast! We had so much fun and were so loud I was afraid for a while the neighbors would call the cops.
  • How cool would that be to have the cops break up a church cookout!
  • Finally, my kids gave me the usual home made cards and crafts. I love it so much. They have no idea how much we truly treasure that stuff.
  • Oh, I forgot about the kids piano recital. Meet the coolest couple. From India, both doctors, great kids. I invited them to Connections. I REALLY hope they'll come.
OK, that's enough.
I'll post the stuff about MANIFESTO tomorrow.
Thanks also for everyone who told me, "Best message ever."
That also NEVER gets old. I really appreciate those encouragements.

I also love that it's often the same people who say, "Best message ever!"
I'm the same way- I get so wrapped up into books and messages that they truly seem like the best thing at that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment