
Folks who have been around Connections for a while may have noticed a recurring theme:
my frequent references to rock climbing and outdoor stuff.
In the past few years I've become the guy who talks about the things "he used to do when..."
Most of my current illustrations have dealt with the joys and pains of parenting.
But no longer!
My kids are all psyched to go rock climbing!
I foresee a who new chapter in my life of mountain adventures with my kids!
Of course we used to live in the shadow of Grandfather Mountain.
Now we live in the flattest place on earth!
But we're making the drive to Rattlesnake Point today!
I promise lots of pictures, and I hope, lots of great sermon illustrations!
Really, I love climbing, and it's such a microcosm of life and relationships.
Triumph and defeat.
Depending on others to catch us when we fall.
Securing our hope on a sure foundation.
Oh, the spiritual parallels! Will they ever cease?
OK, I'm stoked. I'm outta here!
PS- MANIFESTO starts June 21st.
We have graphics, videos, set design, special music mixes and new online features ready to go!
It's gonna be awesome.
Start reading Matthew 5-7 to prepare.
No comments:
Post a Comment