Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Time to DTR

We recently had old friends from Philly visit with us.
We joked about having a "DTR" talk.

Define
The
Relationship

The joke is that we can always pick up the relationship no matter when, where, or how long between visits.

But it got me thinking- when was the last time I had a DTR talk with God?
What has the relationship been like lately, or,
who has God been to me?

A loving Father?
A faithful friend?
A buddy I hang out with and take for granted?
An oppressive tyrant I'd rather keep on the sidelines?
A "resource" to be leveraged for my desires?
A savior to cherish?
A Lord to be obeyed?

One of the most amazing truths of our faith is that our God actually Defined The Relationship.
In a world of countless mysteries, we can know we have a relationship with God.

I have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ,
who died for my sins,
who rose and conquered death,
who reigns in heaven,
who is coming again in glory,
who draws me into his life through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Is it time for you to have a DTR talk with God?
Is it time to actually define that you are in a relationship with God?

The bible is very clear about how that relationship can begin...
Believe. (John 20:31)

Believe in God.
Believe Jesus shows us God.
Believe the Holy Spirit draws us to God.
Believe, and define your relationship with God.

1 comment:

  1. I have to post a comment myself. Did you see this entry got posted at EXACTLY 3:16pm. Now go read John 3:16... HOW COOL IS THAT!

    ReplyDelete