Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Catching Up

I can honestly say that I'm at a place where I have some much to say,
so much to report on,
so many exciting things happening,
I hardly know where to start.

So let me catch up those following this adventure in church planting and my life:

A week of holiday at Blue Mountain with Robin's side of the family- the whole family!
Mom, dad, sister, brother, us spouses and 5 kids. It was great.
A HUGE thanks to Dan and Ida on springing for the cottage (nay, HUGE house) rental for the week to celebrate their 40th anniversary.

The Leadership Summit. I haven't even taken time to process this awesome event yet. Suffice to say- best Summit yet. I ordered the DVD's. I was challenged, inspired and refreshed.

The weekend service at Connections. Loved the "Unplugged August" set. Loved preaching about prayer. Can't wait to get back into it this Sunday. This is perhaps the most personally challenging section of the series for me. (In other words, I have a lot of growing to do in the area of prayer.)

Finally, my GREAT friends, Sam and Kim and their three kids visited with us this weekend, all the way from Philly. It was so good to reminisce, catch up and make some new memories. I just said goodbye this morning, and I'm now feeling that melancholy that one gets after a great visit.

Come on George, shake it off, be a man!

OK, I'm better now.
Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment