Today I dropped my kids off at our local grade school where the city hosts free "play ground."
It's a supervised day-camp kind of program.
It's really amazing.
It's kind of funny to me that our home-schooling family is so involved with the extra-curricular activities at our local school.
But I digress.
As I left, I paused to watch the kids interacting with the other children.
Eden was immediately holding some younger Asian girl, being the oldest sister that she is.
An African girl with jet-black braids was sitting with Karis, braiding her poker-straight, snow-white hair.
Justin was flexing his muscles for a Hispanic boy who was literally twice his size. He didn't look too impressed, but he was being very polite.
It was a beautiful thing.
Children from backgrounds and homes as diverse as can be, all playing together, laughing and having a blast.
I immediately thought of our church
I pray that as Connections matures, we will become more child-like in our celebration of diversity.
I pray that in the very near future we will see people from every tribe and nation worshiping in the name of Jesus together, laughing and having a blast!
But it won't just happen.
We'll have to be intentional.
We'll have to reach out.
Cross the tracks.
Confront some issues.
And work to make it happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment