
I am a highly social creature.
I love having company, and being company.
It's no problem for me to just call a friend and say let's do something.
What tires me out more than being with people is simply trying to make arrangements with people. You've had the conversation before. You go back and forth 10 times before you can find a day/time that works.
And that's just trying to coordinate a date with your spouse!
Which is part of the reason why I'm so excited that Connection Groups are going to start again in just three weeks! I love just having a night in my schedule where I know I'll see some friends, have some great discussion, learn some stuff, and have an all-around great time!
Just knowing that I'll have that time with people who care about me, and whom I care for, means more than words can express.
I hope everyone who attends the worship service with Connections will join a Connection Group.
No matter who you are or how social you are,
Everyone benefits from life in community.
EVERYONE!
We are starting registration tomorrow.
Here's a preview...
Gathering together in homes is as much a part of being the church as gathering in worship. We hope that everyone who worships at Connections will be a part of a Connection Group.
FAQ’s
- Groups run on the semester format: Fall, Winter, Summer
- Groups have a clear starting and stopping date
- Groups are organized geographically
- Groups are inter-generational
- Groups are made up of about 12-16 adults
- Groups of less than 12 will remain open for registration
- Groups will have a Facilitator, a Facilitator-in-Training and a Host who will help with hospitality
- Groups will typically meet for 1.5 hours each week
- Group members will agree to a group “commitment” at the beginning of each semester
- The standard Connections Group curriculum will be a discussion based off of the Sunday worship service
- A “typical” meeting will follow the A.C.T.S. model:
- Adoration- a time to worship God through eating, singing, sharing, laughing, praying, etc
- Conversation: a time to talk with each other
- Teaching: groups will learn through discussing the bible text/topic together
- Supplication: a big word for prayer- taking time to really pray for each other in community
- Groups are built around three principles: a common purpose, common place and common possessions
- Groups are encouraged to discover ways to serve in the community and share some fun time together
- Some groups may focus on special needs or topics, such as our POLO group and ALPHA
Central Lunch
Wednesdays 12-1pm, 531 Talbot St.
West Central
Sundays 6-7:30pm, 992 Blythwood Rd.
Hyde Park
Mondays 7-8:30pm, 19 Ardsley Rd.
North Central
Wednesdays 7-8:30pm, 15 Wakefield Cres.
Southeast
Day and Time TBA, 111 Kipling Ave.
Southwest (Byron)
Sundays 6-7:30pm, 736 Griffith St.
West (Strathroy)
Sundays, time TBA, 2 Dixon Lane
P.O.L.O. (Parents Of Little Ones)
Thursdays 10:00-11:00am, McDonalds at Masonville
Men’s Group/Women’s Group (meet separately)
Wednesdays 6:15-7:45pm, North London Locations
No comments:
Post a Comment