Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday Recap





It's days like today that I can't imagine doing ANYTHING but pastor Connections.

Highlight of the day- Sara Hiemstra's stand for Jesus!
What an awesome experience this morning- to hear Sara profess her faith,
to pray for her mission trip to Ottowa,
to celebrate with the Hiemstra family- Duane, Thea and Nadine.
Hat's off to Carol Sluis too- she's been an awesome mentor for Sara.
Did you know that Sara and her mom make the popcorn bags and kids handouts every week?

Sara leaves starts her trip July 11. We'll be able to follow alone with some stories and pictures of what the group is doing at www.ronhosmar.blogspot.com

Second best part of the day- standing up front and see everyone wave their glow sticks.
I wish we would have planned to have the camera turned toward the congregation.
Robin did snap the one great photo above.

Kudos to all the Connectors who make it a priority to be at worship and invite their friends.
I must confess, I thought with the holiday weekend we'd see tumble weeds blowing through the theatre. But not so- the house was packed and the energy was amazing. I could feel it this morning!

Third best part of the day- David Sheldrick has been making the most awesome pre-service music mixes.
You should be at worship 15 minutes early just to hear what he puts together.
We really should post his mixes online.

Also, Sophie Sheldrick ROCKED the artwork for this series.
She's teh one who made the giant MANIFESTO banners you see in the lobby and on stage.
You guys are the best!

Final best thing- swimming with my kids this afternoon!
Praise God for the sunshine.
I'll be grilling later today with friends and soaking it up!

In fact, I'm gonna do that right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment