Other times, not so much. I'm in a "not so much" mood this week.
I knew I was onto a very important truth in my message on Sunday when I had everybody saying,
"Jesus is the source, the MANIFESTO is the course."
But I don't think that I drove that simple truth far enough.
So I'm going to try to redeem myself.
Over and over Jesus calls on us to trust in him,
put our faith in him,
believe in him,
place our life in him...
He is the source.
With our lives firmly placed in Jesus, we follow his course.
His course is found in the MANIFESTO- Matthew 5-7, and through the gospels.
THUS, we don't follow the teachings of Jesus as the source of the Christian's life.
We follow them as the course of the Christian's life.
Christianity is not about a new set of rules or believing in the right "things."
It's about believing in the right person (Jesus) and having a new life in him.
That's a bit simplified, but I want to continue to stress this truth.
Jesus is the source of life as the one who fulfilled the law and the prophets.
His teachings are the course of life for everyone who believes in him.
Ultimately I believe this understanding of Jesus and his teaching is
most glorifying to God,
freeing for humans,
and biblically sound.
OK, I feel better now!
No comments:
Post a Comment