Monday, April 6, 2009

Moses and the 10 Plagues

Saturday night friends of our tried to convince us we need to go and see KISS with them this summer. Now I'm not opposed to seeing KISS, I'm just not convinced it's worth the money.
They claim that there is nothing else like a KISS show- they are still the preeminent show band.

But as that conversation got stuck in my head, and when I was preaching yesterday, I mentioned Moses and the 10 Plagues.

Which made me think, like Dave Barry, That would be a great name for a band.
Then I said how they could be a concept band that would reenact the plagues.

And as I've thought about this, I think it may be the best idea I've ever had.

Picture it:
Moses, the lead singer.
Arron.
Miriam on backup vocals.
Pharaoh on bass (the bassist is always the bad guy in concept bands)
A burning bush on stage.
Giant Pyramids.
Songs written about the Exodus.

And each plague reenacted....
Blood thrown on the audience.
A bucket of frogs.
The light turned off for total darkness.
A hail storm...

We might want to draw the line at killing the firstborn.
But I tell you what, we could raise a generation that would know, understand, and EXPERIENCE the story of the Exodus.

So, my musical and theatrical friends, what do you say?
Are you with me?

I'm ready to be your stage director and make this happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment