Thursday, April 16, 2009

Marriage Recommendation

I've had a few folks ask me about the book I mentioned the last week of our sex series.
It was "The Mystery of Marriage," by Mike Mason.

It's not a marriage workbook.
It's more like biblical reflections on the gift of marriage.
If you want worksheets, discussion questions, etc- this is not your book.
But if you want my favorite book on marriage next to the bible, this is it.

When Robin and I were dating/courting/betrothed/engaged/horny/ whatever you want to call a couple before they get married, we read this book together. We'd actually read a chapter, write our thoughts and send them to each other. It was a great way to talk about the many nuances of 2 becoming 1.

Incidentally, I do NOT recommend this book.


Just be careful if you order online.
I think the two books have very different endings.

2 comments:

  1. Did you see the line blur by as you passed it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahahahahaha good stuff.... sometimes you have to cross a line to go get people who are stuck on the wrong side...

    ReplyDelete