Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Things I'm Praying For...

I'm praying today.
It's been a while.
It's funny how as a pastor I can still feel guilty about taking a whole morning to pray.  (Yes, I feel the need to appear busy, and schedule meetings, and even do things like write a blog.  But sometimes to be a pastor, you just gotta pray!)

But today I've been praying.
  • Praying that God will take this Ministry Centre that He's given Connections and will use this to grow Connections in big ways!
  • Praying that God will literally drop an "associate pastor" on our front door.
  • Praying that God will take our amazing musicians to the next level by raising up a new leader.
  • Praying that giving will grow by $1000 every week in 2011.
  • Praying that we'll finally break this 200 barrier once and for all.
  • Praying that we can get 250 attending regularly by this Christmas.
  • Praying for an AMAZING Christmas Eve worship at the London City Music Theatre (looks like it's gonna happen!)
  • Praying that we need to add a second service in 2011 to accommodate AND expand growth.
  • Praying that people are being blessed by our E100 Bible reading plan, and are become life-long students of God's Word because of this.
  • Praying for our Connection Groups to be the place for fellowship, care and outreach to our neighborhoods.
I'm praying for some people too...
  • Praying for Sarah and our family ministry.  We have so many kids, and many more on the way, and many more we want to reach.  Wow, she is going to need lots of help!
  • Praying for another dedicated Sound Board Operator to help David.
  • Praying for someone to step up to the Outreach Coordinator role (I'm turning down agencies asking for help almost EVERY WEEK!)
  • Praying for Tyler as he takes up the Media mantle.
  • Praying for more volunteers for every ministry team: First Impressions, Family Ministry, Music and Media, Set-Up, Connection Group Leaders.
That's a lot of prayer.  Wait, I have more...
  • Praying that today, God is going to use someone from Connections to change a life forever.
  • Praying that this Sunday lives will be changed for eternity because there's power in preaching of the Word of God.
And I'm praying for myself...
Praying that God will grow me in humility and leadership to be the pastor of our church.

That's enough writing.
I think I need to pray some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment