Tuesday, November 16, 2010
I fell a lot, so I must be getting better!
One of my top ten life verses is Romans 12:1-2. Verse 2 reads,
"Do not be conformed to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind..."
I see the power of the mind daily in the growth of my children.
Yesterday my eldest daughter had a mind-renewal.
She came out of ice skating, and when Robin asked her how she did, she said,
"I fell a lot today, so I must be getting better."
VICTORY!!!!!!!
She's finally getting it!
Every fall is a step toward success.
Every fall means she's working harder and making gains!
In our culture that has so deeply latched onto the talent-myth and the "lower the bar" mentality,
this is HUGE!
She is transforming her mind to embrace the power of hard work and mental attitude.
This runs against the grain of culture.
But I will not praise my kids for talent.
We're all created with tremendous potential, because we're all made in the image of God.
I will praise my kids for hard work.
I will work to transform their thinking into a mind-set that drives them to work hard,
receive instruction and feed back,
and strive for improvement.
Today, I hope you try something hard.
I hope you fall.
And I hope you get backup wiser, stronger and more determined to succeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment