Monday, January 11, 2010

Connection Groups- WHY?!?!



If you were at Connections yesterday and heard Tim Ingram talk about his Connection Group experience last semester, you know why we do groups.

You do life with others because you don't know what life is going to throw at you!

Tim gave a powerful story about some hard things thrown at he and Becca this past fall. 
But the good news of their story- their group pulled through for them!
They weren't looking for difficulty.  They didn't expect difficulty.  But when it came, they knew exactly where to turn.

My hope, my prayer, is that when tough times come,
and they always do,
nobody at Connections would find themselves without a group.

"Pity the man who falls down and has no one to help him up."

Here's the lesson for all of us:
We need find our friend, our group, before we fall down.
The bible says a true friend sticks closer than a brother in times of trouble.  Many of us have had the additional sorrow of discovering that folks we thought would support us end up abandoning us in our hour of need.  What's the old expression? 

"Fair weather friends."

Look, I don't know what the next season of your life will bring.
I pray it will bring a ton of GREAT stuff and tremendous blessing.
But somebody in our church is going expereince a tragedy.
Somebody is going to hit rock bottom.


If that someone is me,  I KNOW I have a group that would support me.
And I want you to have that same assurance.

So get into a group, get into some real Christian community NOW.
You'll either want to celebrate the good, or find support in the bad.


Tomorrow's Post: Connection Groups- WHAT?

No comments:

Post a Comment