Sunday, November 15, 2009

Scrabble and True Story

In the services today I mentioned that I had borrowed the pictures for the big story of the bible from James Choung's "True Story."

I wanted to give credit where credit was due. I've told the story of the bible in many different ways, using many different images.

But over and over I simply use the "Creation- Fall- Redemption- New Creation" narrative. This, more than anything else, helped me to grasp the breadth, depth and trajectory of the bible. The book that explained this most clearly to me is "Creation Regained." Don't let the small size fool you- you'll have to read this one very slowly!

The focus of the mission of Connections is obviously influenced by this paradigm for understanding the bible. Also, our mission/vision, "Connecting with God, Connecting with People, Connecting with the World," easy fits into the CFRN rubric.

It was very exciting to me to see how much James Choung's model for sharing the story of the bible fit into our mission. Exciting enough for me to tweak it just enough to fit our model/mission.

All this to say, I was very grateful to hear after the service that the visuals were very helpful.
I'll be posting my whole manuscript on the sermon page in a moment. In that message you'll get all my notes on walking through CFRN step by step.

You can read more about "True Story" and find some cool links at the facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment