It's uncanny.
Just when I think I preach a sermon that is biblical, clear, and encouraging for everyone...
It's not.
I've had some interesting conversations following "Stratego."
While I believe the message was/is biblical grounded and encouraging for everyone, a few points may not have been clear.
OK, they weren't.
Let me be VERY clear that when I say you need a plan for your life, I'm NOT saying you need to have the gift of administration.
God does have a plan for his creation, our redemption and his future glorification in the new heavens and earth.
We are made in the image of a God who has a plan.
God does have a plan for us (Just memorize Jeremiah 29:11, incredible!)
So we do need to discover and be a part of God's plan for our lives to be fully used in God big plan.
I'm not backing off of that because that's what I read in the bible.
That should be incredibly encouraging to everyone who has longed to know their purpose in this world- you are not an accident but are part of what God is doing!
But this does not mean you have to have the spiritual gift of administration (1 Corinthians 12:28).
Administration means that you have the unique gift/ability to coordinate the fulfillment of a plan involving yourself, but more importantly, other people, few or many, in a work/service setting. (That definition is something just off the top of my head.)
Every administrator still has to have a plan.
Not everyone with a plan has to be an administrator.
Personally, I have the ability to administrate, but I would not say it is my gift.
The deal with planning is this- do you want random chance and chaos to dictate and characterize your life, or do you want to see your life having so much value that God does in fact have a plan for you!
So, you're not an administrator. Fine.
You're a musician- you need a plan to use that gift.
You're an artist- you need a plan to express and share your gift.
You're a preacher- you need a plan to be able to share God's word in an effective way.
You're a teacher- well, teachers always have a lesson plan!
You get the idea- I hope.
God thinks so much of you that he has a plan for you.
Don't miss it.
No comments:
Post a Comment