Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The past few days...

I said I wasn't going to blog while I was on my pastor's retreat, but, I can't help myself.
Not much to say, except, this has been amazing.
I meet with a group of fellow church planters and we applied for a retreat grant back in the fall.
We shot for the moon- a trip to Banff, bring our spouses, bring in a great speaker, leave time for skiing, hiking, or whatever.

To our joy and delight- we got it!
And so here we've been.
Flew out right after worship on Sunday.
Watched the Steelers win the Superbowl in the Calgary airport- AMAZING!
That alone would have made my week.
I've skied at Sunshine and enjoyed the company of my friends.

I can really say, from my heart, and with all honesty- God is so good.
I feel blessed beyond words or compare.
And it goes so much deeper than the fun we've been having.
Psalm 8 says it well...
1 O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
above the heavens.

2 From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise [b]
because of your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.

3 When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?

5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings [c]
and crowned him with glory and honor.

6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet:

7 all flocks and herds,
and the beasts of the field,

8 the birds of the air,
and the fish of the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.

9 O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!


Tomorrow I fly back.
I can hardly wait to squeeze my kids!
Robin is sticking around for a few days to see her sister and family.
We have a new nephew as of last week, Jonas, and a niece still recovering form her open heart surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment