Saturday, January 31, 2009

The best and worst day...



I am torn between euphoria and despair.
Tomorrow after worship I fly to Banff for a pastor's retreat, then 2 days of skiing with my new bride, Robin. (After 12 years we are still on our honeymoon.)
Pure bliss.

But I will be in flight when the Superbowl starts!
AHHHH. This is a tragedy worse than anything the world has ever known.
Only a couple million other Steeler fans can possibly understand my pain.

I just got off the phone with the lodge where I'm staying and they are going to try to record the game for me. Either way, I will be darting off the plan, getting my rental car and pulling into the first sports bar I see to catch the second half.

And just to clear up any confusion- I have no doubt the Steelers will win- I just want to see how it will unfold. I predict a first half full of stupid mistakes, giving Arizona the lead, followed by a nail-biting second half in which Pittsburgh secures the victory. MVP- I'm going with Big Ben this time.

1 comment: