Sunday, January 18, 2009

Going for the Trifecta

We had a great worship service today with HUGE response for Connection Group sign-ups. (Connection Groups are our small groups that meet in homes throughout the week) I am so excited for everyone who is taking this step in their faith.
For some this is already part of their life. They love these kinds of things. They already know the encouragement, support and community that can happens. They can't imagine life and faith without a group like this.

For others this the first time they have ever tried something like this. They still their doubts.
"What's this going to be like?"
"Who's going to be there, and what will they be like?"
"Will I be accepted?"

Sometimes those in the first group (those who've done this before) can forget just how freaky and scary jumping into a group can be. This is why we try to break down every barrier and calm every nerve. We don;t want anything to stand in the way of folks having a life-changing experience of Christian community. This is why we do things like run on the semester format, start with a clean slate, prep our leaders, contact everyone who signs up, answer their questions, and start the first meeting with no assumptions.

OK, enough on that. THEN we had an AWESOME brunch to celebrate our first year. Great food, great fun, and team had a special surprise for me and Robin- a gift certificate and money for a babysitter! I can't believe that the church is thanking me- I'm going to get spoiled! It really was an awesome occasion and I'm so glad everyone seemed to have a great time- it was a ton of work for our team.

Now for the Trifecta...
The Steelers will win the AFC championship tonight, defeating the Ravens.
They will go on to win the Superbowl on February 1st.
And there will be much rejoicing!

(and if the Steelers should lose tonight I still technically have made the trifecta because I heard the first EDGE event was fantastic!)

No comments:

Post a Comment