Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Boldness

"From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it." Matthew 11:12


I went to a long meeting today.
I slipped out into a hallway at 11am to check some email, and who do I see- my friend/brother in Christ, Hilk.
Hilk prays.
Hilk prays like few other people I know.
Last night he lead prayer for Connections.
Today he was leading prayer for this whole gathering of churches.

He asked me if I wanted prayer, knowing I'd say "Of Course!"
I specifically asked for boldness in some decisions that have to be made to advance Connections.

God gave him a great insight as he was praying.
He prayed for discernment.
He knows that's only when we discern God's plan(s) that we can move forward with boldness.

Far too many leaders have made a short-cut around discernment, gone straight to boldness, and have ended up leading people and churches into disaster.
Others will discern God's plan(s), but for some reason fail to move.

My problem isn't boldness- that always comes with God's leading.
So until I have discernment, I pray for NO boldness.
But as soon as I the path is clear, may I forcefully advance the Kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment