People who are at a much better place today than they were a year ago.
People who feel closer to God now than they ever have.
People who have friends, who in the past were strangers.
It's all very exciting.
Some of my favorite stories told us how people became a part of Connections.
Some love the worship experience. So jumped right onto a Ministry Team. Some joined a Home Group.
But almost EVERYONE was INVITED by someone.
It's amazing- the exponential power of an invitation.
You invite Jack; Jack invites Jill; Jill invites Jane...
You never know where an invitation will lead,
or where it will end.
But that's not the only power of an invitation.
There are people who have been invited to Connections who haven't come...yet.
But now they know that we exist.
They know that the person who invited them cared enough to invite them.
The door has been opened to become better friends, to talk openly about God and faith, and to share deeper in community.
THAT'S the exponential power of an invitation!
Some of you will never know how much your simple invitation means to someone else...
It says you care.
It says they are wanted.
It says God is doing something, and we want you to be a part of it.
If you are committed to Connections, I ask you,
"Who have you invited lately?"
I'm not asking did they come, only, have you invited them?
No invitation sincerely extended is ever wasted.
But now I will ask you, have you brought anyone lately?
Did you offer to pick them up, walk them in, and connect them with others?
That takes the relationship even further.
Finally, if you haven't been to a worship service or other event yet- I invite you!
Really, I'd love to see you there!
No comments:
Post a Comment