Friday, September 3, 2010

In the Hood

I just love the graphic for our new series.  My bride made this one...
I'm so excited for this series.
I've been waiting to get into some of these passages of the bible for a while. 
Romans 12:3-25 and Hebrews 10:19-31
We'll be looking at these later this month.
Romans 12 is amazing.  Just hang out in that chapter for a few days, or weeks, or for the rest of your life.  We're going to look into sincere love, and confront some of the counterfeits in our neighborhoods.
Hebrews 10 is so deep.  I'm going to name my sermon something cheesy like, "The Meat is in the Let-Us."  Maybe that way folks will remember how amazing the "Let us..." statements are.

The only thing I'm not sure about is how to get this started this Sunday.
I've practically written a book in my message notes.
I'm sure there's a sermon in their somewhere.
I'll just have to digg out from the following things...

Connections started with a simple vision to be a church in the hood:
Living our faith in our neighborhoods and among our neighbors.
It's why we still meet in a movie theatre.
It's why we make gathering in homes one of our three main programs.
It's why we don't run many programs, but instead, try to create opportunities for relationships to grow.

It's sort of a "This is our vision, here's where we're at, here's where I screwed up, now how are we moving from here to there?" type of message.

So this Sunday might be the greatest Sunday ever...
Or I may make a complete fool of myself.

But the music will be inspiring and we'll all be fed at the Lord's Table, so really, with those two things, you can't go wrong!

Oh yeah, and we are introducing our new brew of coffee made especially for us and for the causes we support!

No comments:

Post a Comment