I love having a list of things to do as a family, and for myself. Here are some of the things on our list:
- Swim at St. Mary's Quarry.
- Go to the Mustang Drive-In.
- Make Rootbeer Floats.
- Place in the Lakeside Triathlon.
I have a short list of things I'd love to see happen with Connections Church this summer. Today I share the first one:
First, I would love to see some groups of Connectors do some "Servant Evangelism." This is how we got our church started in the summer of 2007. This was before we held any public worship services. We simply asked the folks already interested in starting a church to go around the city and invite people the church that had yet to begin!
We made invitation cards, order balloons with our name and website, and handed them out to anyone who would take them. We "piggy-backed" on the events that were already happening downtown- Sunfest, Ribfest, Balloonfest, Festivus (Ok, that last one doesn't really exist, maybe we should come up with something?).
It was GREAT! People asked us when and where we met.
We said join us for our first service at Silver City this September!
Guess what folks...Sunfest starts tonight!
We are a little behind this summer, but we ordered invitation cards for our "Madmen...Wild Women" series happening all summer long! So this Sunday we'll announce a few dates for Connectors to gather, give out cards, and make some invitations. We'll buy some candy to sweeten the deal, or balloons to pump people up (Oh, that was so corny, I'm sorry. Really, I am).
Tentative Dates:
Friday and Saturday, July 16-17 @ Home County Folk Fest.
Friday and Saturday, July 30-31 @ Ribefest.
Meet @ 7pm at our office (531 Talbot St.)
No comments:
Post a Comment