This past week I was SERIOUSLY blessed.
I got to pray with someone to accept Jesus as their savior.
He's been visiting Connections for the past few weeks.
I could say it was easy:
I listened to his story.
I said something like, "It seems to me that God has brought you this far for a reason. Think it's time to give your life to Him?"
He said something like, "Yes."
I told him just a few of the basics:
We believe that Jesus really is the son of God and that we need Jesus to be forgiven and to live. (See Romans 3:23)
The bible says that when when we confess Jesus, Jesus honors and rewards this step of courage and faith. (See Romans 10:5-12)
Then we prayed.
Now the rest of his new life begins!
So it was easy for me, but only because God and others had already done all the work.
So here's my encouragement to you:
One, do the hard work of loving those who need to know the love of God.
Second, don't wait for me to make the invitation!
Really, do yourself this favor:
If you know that God has been working on someone you love, just ask them if they want to become a Christ-follower!
Offer to lead them in a prayer.
Trust me, this is an experience you DO NOT want to miss!
But, if you have any reservations- PLEASE call me, and I will gladly help the seal the deal!
It's just too awesome to pass up!
No comments:
Post a Comment