
It dawned on me recently as I was speaking to a group- Connections actually has values!
What I mean is this- when we were preparing to start launch Connections I followed the advice I was given by numerous books and other planters- talk about values!
I'll be honest- it felt forced at first. How could we really discuss our values without doing stuff to live them out?
But through some discussion I pulled together a "top ten" list of values that I wanted to:
1. Guide our launch as a church, then;
2. Characterize our church as we mature.
So it dawned on me, now nearly 2 years since launch, we actually have a track record to guage our values! So I think it's time I look back on our written values, and take an honest look at our church, and give us a report card.
But I won't do this all at once.
Instead, without even reprinting our values just yet (Though they are easy to find on the website and in many things we've printed), I want your observations.
So here's the question:
If you have been a part of the Connections Community, in any way, what have you observed to be our values?
In other words, what do think is most import to Connections?Whatever those things are, those are related to our values.
Hopefully 2-3 things will come to mind very easily.
If they do, please post them and add to the discussion!
No comments:
Post a Comment