Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Got Growth?

I've had this growing sense that Connections is on the edge of some growth.  I feel like we have this growing energy of excitement about our church.  Along with that excitement is a fear of moving forward. 

While we love growth, we recognize that growth means making changes, making sacrifices, making mistakes.  We question our ability to navigate growth and change.  We wonder if we're the right person, or if we have what it takes.

Growth is awesome, but it does involve some pain.

So I've been praying about what our growth will look like.

Maybe it's about numbers.  Maybe since we are breaking the 200 mark between the morning and evening worship services, and maybe since we now have to open doors to grow as a church, we are going to see a jump in our community.  That would be awesome- more people a part of God's work is always a blessing.

Maybe its a more of a ministry growth, rather than a worship growth.  Maybe this Second Harvest thing is going to get more folks excited about working for compassion and justice in our city.  With things going in the current direction there will only be more needs for churches to be the hands and feet of Jesus.

Maybe it's about our ministry centre.  Maybe this part of the minsitry is more imporatant than I've had the faith to imagine.  Maybe God is going to grow me by doing this thing and showing me how he will use this for His glory.

Maybe it's a finance thing.  With a stronger financial base we will certainly feel released to do some things we've wanted to do at Connections ever since we started.  I'm praying for 100 people to increase their giving by $10 a week.

Maybe it's just me.  Maybe I need to grow in some singnificant way if I'm going to lead our church in continued growth.

Yeah, it's defintely about me.  But more, me and all of the folks that call Connections our church.  We all have to growth through this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment