Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Inviting Interruptions

Sarah DeVries gets the credit for coining this phrase.
Or should I say, this movement!

Apparently, at the women's group last week, Sarah shared about some great things God was doing when she simply allowed Him to "interrupt" her plans.

Well that got Robin "inviting interruptions."
And all sorts of other folks.

So I'm officially saying making the call- let's go viral with this idea!
Here it is...

"Inviting Interruptions"
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

FIRST: Begin each day by looking at your schedule and making your plans.
THEN: Invite interruption. Take your plan, commit it to God, and invite Him to step in whenever, wherever, however He wants in order to accomplish His will.

I commend this plan to everyone.
But be warned- as someone (Ted) already commented, "Watch out what you ask for...God loves this sort of thing!"

He IS going to interrupt your lunch.
He IS going to change plans for your evening.
He IS going to mess up your weekend.
And it IS going to be AWESOME!

Help spread the word.
Someone design a graphic.
Make some t-shirts.
Start a new website where we can post the God-interruptions that are going to happen.
But most of all,
INVITE INTERRUPTIONS!
(PS, the picture above is an example of an un-invited interruption. Not the kind I'm advocating.)

No comments:

Post a Comment