
As Jesus went on... he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector's booth. "Follow me," he told him, and Matthew got up and followed him.
~ Matthew 4:9
Sunday's worship service ended by simply extending this invitation:
In fact, many did not accept the invitation
The invitation extends to us everyday.
Everyday, in a million little ways, we say "yes" and follow him.
Or we say "no" and go our own way.
Some of us say, "I'll follow once I have all my questions answered."
But life never answers all our questions.
Some say, "I'll follow once I get my life straightened out."
But we can't fix all the problems of life.
Following Jesus doesn't mean you have all the questions answered.
It doesn't mean you're living the perfect life.
It just means you're willing to accept this simple invitation, and take one more step following Jesus.
This week I hope you'll take a step.
See where you go.
I think some of your questions will start to get answered,
and some won't matter so much anymore.
And somehow life won't seem quite so messy.
When you just follow Him.
Will you follow?
I say "invitation" because Jesus doesn't force it upon any of his followers.In fact, many did not accept the invitation
The invitation extends to us everyday.
Everyday, in a million little ways, we say "yes" and follow him.
Or we say "no" and go our own way.
Some of us say, "I'll follow once I have all my questions answered."
But life never answers all our questions.
Some say, "I'll follow once I get my life straightened out."
But we can't fix all the problems of life.
Following Jesus doesn't mean you have all the questions answered.
It doesn't mean you're living the perfect life.
It just means you're willing to accept this simple invitation, and take one more step following Jesus.
This week I hope you'll take a step.
See where you go.
I think some of your questions will start to get answered,
and some won't matter so much anymore.
And somehow life won't seem quite so messy.
When you just follow Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment