~ Mark 9:24
Have you struggled with belief?
If not, you can stop reading.
Ok, now that all the self-righteous liars have logged off, let's be honest.
We all believe something. And we all struggle with some of our beliefs.
And Jesus invites us to come to him, admit our struggles, and receive help.
This past Sunday we kicked off our "believe" series with a challenge- to memorize and recite the Apostle's Creed everyday this week- morning, noon and night.
If you grew up in church, chances are you are familiar with the Creed, and already have it memorized.
But still, you may not know the Creed.
I hope that changes this week.
I want to you to know the Creed, and the biblical truth that it declares.
Yesterday I took my kids skiing. As I drove at 6am and the kids slept, I said the Creed, and reflected on all the bible verse that it brings to mind.
As I rode up the chairlift, I recited the Creed.
(But I must confess I said it to myself so the people sitting on the chair next to me would not think I'm crazy!)
As I drove home, and again, everyone fell asleep, I listened to a song that recites the Creed over and over again.
I let each proposition challenge, excite and edify my belief.
Get to know the Creed this week.
I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.This is the foundation for the rest of the "believe" series.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended into hell.
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting.
Amen.
We're going to look at the steps of belief- to follow, to obey, to confess.
Have a belief-ful week
No comments:
Post a Comment