Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Prayer for Leah


Leah Shadd, a fully devoted member of our Connections Community, left for Africa this morning.

Leah suffers from sever scoliosis and other health issues.
But she doesn't let that stand in the way of her mission.
She has two passions (amongst others): Sewing, and the children of Africa. 
So she found an organization (Teen Missions) that could put her gifts to work.

We received this update last night...

"We are no longer going to Zimbabwe because of the communication of getting there by transportation and safety.  Instead, we are going to South Africa.  Basically we will be doing almost the same things as in Zimbabwe (sewing school uniforms for children)...
I have a prayer request.  There is something wrong with my right leg but don't know why.  It started about a week & half ago.  When I walk, my leg feels numbness once in awhile but today it happened a lot.  It's frustrating but I know God will help me to walk and my team knows my concerns and will help me out by holding my hand, etc. if I needed to.  Please pray that my leg wouldn't give me so much trouble while I'm away.  Thanks."







This is my prayer for Leah...

"I pray that you will know God's love, and show God's love, in life-changing ways everyday.

I know you are a hard worker, so I'm praying you will take time to be with the people and meet the children you are helping.  Find out their names, find out their stories, and share that with us.

When they ask why a woman spends her own money and travels half way around the world to work, tell them, "It's because Jesus loves me, and Jesus loves you, and this is what he wants me to do so you can know His love in a real way!"

Then tell them, "Every time you put on that uniform I want to feel like it is God's love covering you in Jesus Christ."


I know God will use you to do awesome things in Africa.
You will not see many of the results.
But you will be planting seeds with every stitch of clothe.
Seeds that can grow up into life saving faith in Jesus Christ.

You go in His name, and with our love and prayers surrounding you."

No comments:

Post a Comment