Monday, April 5, 2010

Why I'm Thankful Today...

231
That's how many people we counted at Connections yesterday.
Why is that so exciting?  Every number represents a person- a person to love.
We got a few new Connection Cards, which means we can follow-up with a few new people!
(This is one of my favorite jobs as pastor- following up with new folks!)
We want to be a loving, servicing, active, faithful and healthy church.
And if we do those things right, growth is going to be the natural outcome.
I am convinced that growth happens when we pray for it, hope for it, and talk about it; then we just get on with being and doing church!

PROOF!
I'm thankful for proof that when we invite folks to hear about Jesus, many will say yes!
Of the 8 people that Robin and I very intentionally invited to worship, 4 showed up!
Now the fun job of thanking them and inviting them back!

The Band
When our band covered Our Lady Peace's "All You Did Was Save My Life," four staff from the theatre came into the service!
Trust me, I know this is the deal:
A lot of people in our community won't give a rip about sermons,
but if we can do music/worship in a way that connects with them, they will come!

Our Volunteers

So many prayed, worked and sacrificed to make our Easter service the best yet- and they did it!
I am amazed, week after week, by what our people are able to accomplish!

Most of all- the Resurrection! 
Easter means the power of sin is broken, death is defeated, we have life in Christ! 
Listen to the Easter service here.

COMING SOON...


Our new series: "God is Green," starting this Sunday, April 11.
Check out the video.

Connection Groups: They start this week!
Check out the Catalog and register for a group by replying to this email.

Love London
April 18, roughly 11:30am to 1pm.
We'll start right from the theatre and clean up our neighborhood.
Garbage bags and blue bags will be provided.
The more who help, the more we clean!
Check out the event on our Facebook group, or better yet, sign up!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=420336012488

No comments:

Post a Comment