Quiz time! Answer the following questions...
Where do I live on the earth?
Can I name a few native trees? (One?)
Can I name the natural crops?
Do I know what growing zone I live in? (Do I even know what growing zones are?)
Do I know what birds are migrating this spring?
Do I know what animals are native here?
Have I looked in the sky at night to even know what phase of the moon we're in? (full moon, waxing, waning? I bet you don't!)
Can I describe what makes the part of the earth I live in unique, yet connected, to the planet?
Despite our education, most of us (myself included) are still "ecologically illiterate."
In fact, because of our education/assimilation into modern culture, many are growing more ignorant of how God's world works.
Is it time we stop just talking about "Street Smarts," and starting talking more about "Stream Smarts"
The creation story tells us three obvious things about our God and His creation:
1. God is the CAUSE of creation. Creation is not an accident, it is not random. God is transcendent AND imminent.
2. God ORDERS creation. Creation is purposeful, intentional. It is directed and has a direction.
3. God AFFIRMS creation. God created for his purpose and pleasure. Creation was, is, and always will carry God's stamp- GOOD.
And we can add this: God places us in and a part of creation.
So where are you?
So where are you in God's intended, ordered and affirmed creation?
Are you "Stream Smart" (do you know what God has done),
or are you only "street smart" and focused on what humans do?
No comments:
Post a Comment