Monday, December 14, 2009

We're Back...Almost

OK, we're not back yet. But we're packing up and getting ready to return to London.
I must be getting back in the "work" mindset because I actually turned on my computer.
(I still haven't checked my email yet- that will have to wait until tomorrow!)
The truth is I haven't had time to even turn on my computer- too busy reading books, running, swimming and playing with the kids.

Here's my one reflection, for now, on the holiday: We moved into a new stage as a family, which is always one part exciting, one part sad.

It's always a bit sad to see the kids mature into a new stage. But it is thrilling.
They can swim by themselves.
Get their own snacks.
Make their own sand castles.
All of which freed me, as already mentioned, to read, run and join in their fun.
We truly planned nothing for 7 days.
This may be a first in my life.

And so it is with some sadness that we pack out bags and prepare to return.
We've got a lot of baggage. To much in fact.
Not everything is going to make it home.

As we are now in the Christmas season, and it's so easy to just get wrapped up (pun intended) in the superficiality of the culture, think about what season you are moving into in your walk with God. What will you leave behind? What will you take with you? What will this new stage be like as you will let go of some baggage that weighs you down, and embrace some new gifts to bring joy to the journey?

PS- that's Robin and I with my folks in the pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment