I'm already getting pumped for September and the "In the Hood" series.
But I can't move on before I do a little processing of this past summer. (I am so guilty of getting focused on the next thing, that a I often forget the GREAT thing that God has already taught me.) So what are some of my "big learning" from this summer...
Jacob- "What your name?"
Jacob, the one born a deceiver. He wrestled with God. Him, he couldn't beat Him, but he wouldn't give up, and God called him by a new name. Israel. It means to wrestle with god, yet overcome. To walk with a limp.
We wrestle with God. We work our faith. He calls us by a new name.
So what's you new name? Who is God calling you to become?
Rahab, the prostitute- "It's not about where you came from, it's where you're going."
I LOVE this Wild Woman. She was a whore. But she met God. And she moved forward.
It is so hard to break away from our past, especially when the world keeps trying to remind us where we came from. But who cares. Move on. They kept calling her Rahab the prostitute, but she called her self Rahab, ancestor of Jesus our savior. That is AWESOME.
So let's move on, all of us whores, has-beens, failures and fakes. Let's move on!
Joseph- "God intends good things."
What do you do when god is with you?
Life gets hard, and as long as you're faithful, you know God is with you, and you are in His plan.
Life goes your way, and you still know, God is with you, and he gets all the credit.
Some turn to God when life gets tough, some turn away.
Some turn away from God when life goes great, some stay close.
But no matter what, when we know God is with us, we know he can use our life to save lives.
God will use YOU to save lives. Really, He will.
Abigail, Nabal, and David- "Be the one."
Ben Jolliffe brought this obscure story to life! One guy is a fool. Another guy is full of himself. One woman uses her head, and exercises her faith. She takes charge. She gets things done.
Are we listening to the people around us?
Are we looking for the clues?
Or are we so blinded by our own agenda that we can miss the amazing opportunity right in front of us?
Don't miss it! Don't miss what God has put right in front of you.
Say yes!
Ruth- "Til Death Do Us part."
What can we say about Ruth? Just read her story. She and Boaz are amazing examples of faith, hope and love. Really, it's just story we need to know and emulate.
Samson- "I am my own worst enemy."
He had so much potential. So many opportunities to do amazing things for God and his people.
But he blew it. Over and over again.
Until he did one good thing for God, and it cost him his life.
What a waste.
Man, I am my own worst enemy so much of the time.
I hope I can learn a lesson from Samson, and give my life to god before my life is over.
(oh yeah, and my favorite quote from the summer. "Sin- it will bind you, blind you, and grind you down!" You know it's true!
Finally, the roll-call of the faithful.
We'll look more at that later.
For now, ponder these madmen and wild women.
What can we learn from them- their successes and failure; strengths and weaknesses?
What has God done in your life this summer?
No comments:
Post a Comment